Chappaqua, New York (PRWEB) November 26, 2012
The Christmas season bustles with list making, mall crawling, web surfing… until that delicious sigh of relief as the last ribbon is curled. Balancing personal and business responsibilities during the holidays can challenge even the most self-aware among us (in the most ‘functional’ families). Award-winning author / stress management expert Susie Mantell of Relaxintuit.com shares 16 Holiday Stress Tips for More Joyful, (Less Stressful!) Holidays:
1. Create a Pre-Holiday Timeline: Prevent last-minute anxiety, and the dreaded Christmas Eve Crunch.
2. Shop Smart: Before heading to stores, comparison shop online for best prices and reviews. Examine merchandise thoroughly for defects. Ask about warrantees, especially for big-ticket items.
3. Co-Op Shop: Trade babysitting with friends so you can each shop hands-free. Coordinate holiday gift shopping expeditions, picking up what each other needs at stores you visit. Co-Op Cook: Bake two lasagnas while a neighbor makes chili for both families. Bake two pies or batches of cupcakes. Swap.
4. Wrap-As-You-Shop: Avoid midnight marathon wrapping by wrapping the same day you buy.
5. Simplify: Allowing guests to bring something often makes people feel more at home. Ask your family to reevaluate more demanding traditions. Could skating and a sleepover replace baking four different Christmas cookies from scratch?
6. Ask What People Want: Surprises are wonderful, but so is receiving your hearts desire. Knowing people will love their presents also relieves shopping stress.
7. Safety First: When shopping online, use only trusted, secure websites that provide phone support. Look for a lock, and address fields showing: h t t p s